The Ag 1 Source Process
Our Candidate Recruitment Process
When Browsing Ag 1 Source Career Opportunities, Keep in Mind:
Our clients expect us to provide them with talented candidates that meet the requirements of the position. Most of our career opportunities are for experienced people in the agriculture industry who are currently involved in their industry of interest.
We encourage new graduates to apply with the understanding that we only occasionally represent entry level ag careers.
As your career progresses, keep us informed; your opportunities with us will increase as your experience level increases.
Candidate Etiquette for Applying to Jobs
- If you are serious about your job search, take the time to read all the job descriptions and find a job that will fit you and your qualifications. Applying to every job we have listed, will not get you noticed more. Actually, applying for many jobs with a recruiter sends the message that you likely didn’t read and prepare very well for the job(s) you applied for and that you are trying for the shotgun approach. Too many implies desperation and a tendency of a lack of preparation.
- When posting a job, the job author is looking for experience and skills that are specifically a good match, and to not just fit the job, but to excel in the job.
- Even if you don’t fit the position, your information does go into our database, and a later search for candidates with matching skills for other positions will be much more likely to appear on our matching list if you have actually listed skills and competencies in your resume in the first place.
- Don’t address us by Dear Sirs. You’ve made a gender assumption in that kind of an address and assumptions will generally be a mistake. Also, don’t send a copy of another cover letter you just sent to another company or competitor, without taking their name off of it. You’ve definitely indicated that you don’t proofread well when that happens.
- Do your homework. Job searching is a sales process. You are selling us on why we should invest time in you. That takes positioning, discernment, listening, questioning/probing, and salesmanship.
When We Find a Career Opportunity that is Right for YOU, the process below will be followed:
- Delivery of information, Quality Resume, References that really know you, Timely return of information requested, Performance Profile
- Consideration of the opportunity by you and discussion with your family, Read the job posting in full. Can you comply with the requirements, in full?
- You, the candidate, must begin to articulate a definite reason for making a career enhancing move
- Research your fit with the opportunity
- Develop your business plan, the opportunities presented and the challenges to overcome
- Prepare for the interview, make notes for questions to be asked and how to close effectively
- The interview, plan for the best time of day and allow ample time for focus
- Follow up within 30 minutes of the interview with your recruiting consultant
- Follow up with the company
- Go or no go decision time
What Integrity Means to Us
- Your information is held strictly confidential.
- We never share your information with anyone without your consent.
- We fully discuss and answer any questions about the job before submitting your resume to a client.
- We expect the same level of integrity from our candidates.